Dinner Recipe - Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Spaghetti Squash Casserole:
This is just the greatest dish ever because leftovers from dinner can
be reheated at lunch or you can crack an egg over it for breakfast.
Here’s what you need:
• 1 spaghetti squash
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 2 zucchini, chopped
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 jar organic spaghetti sauce
low fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Splash inside of squash with water, then microwave each half individually for 5 minutes. Careful when removing from microwave — it will be hot. Set aside to cool.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic. After a few minutes add onion. After a few minutes add zucchini. Finally add tomatoes, basil and oregano and cook for another 5
minutes, until everything is tender.
4. Scoop out the spaghetti squash and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the veggies from skillet. Pour the entire jar of spaghetti squash into the bowl and mix well.
5. Place the squash mixture in a large casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden.