There are foods that can help you blast belly fat and there are several, a LOT actually, that create belly fat. For example, anything that has refined sugar will create belly fat. If you have a belly that you just can NOT get rid of, how about taking out all refined sugars for 7 days and see if you find a difference. I BET YOU WILL!
During those 7 days add in the following foods . . . you will be blasting belly fat from all angles. Here you go:
1. Avocado: They are loaded with key nutrients that kill belly fat: Fiber (about 15 grams per) and monounsaturated fats which studies show can "spot reduce" belly fat.
2. Nuts: But only certain ones. For example, peanuts are not the best option BUT pistachios, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sun flower seeds and flax seeds are. Why? They keep feeling full and satisfied longer and are stuffed with healthy belly burning fats and minerals.
3. Veggies: Certain veggies contain vital phytonutrients (something called I3C) that fight the belly bulge . . . broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, and cabbage.
4. Omeletes: Eggs are nutrient dense and loaded with belly burning protein. Nutrients such as B6, B12, Vitamins A, D, E, calcium, iron and many more. Buying free range eggs will give you even more healthy nutrients.
5. Oatmeal: Packed with fiber and whole grain goodness. Avoid the processed, high sugar brands and stick with steel cut oats. Add a dash of cinnamon, sliced almonds and some berries for a natural sweetness.
6. Green Tea: Many studies link green tea to increased fat burning because contains potent antioxidants. Studies showed a boost in daytime metabolism by 35% in a case study.
7. Beans: Black beans, navy beans, refried beans (without anything added like cheese, butter etc) and lima beans all have 6 or more grams of fiber per serving (1/2 cup.) That's a LOT! Fiber can clean your system of pounds of toxic waste.
8. Berries: Strawberries, raspberries and black berries are loaded with fiber that also slows down the absorption of sugar in your body. The yare also packed with vitamins that can fight cravings. (Cravings can come from vitamin deficiencies.)
9. Cinnamon: Researchers have found that cinnamon contains a type of antioxidant that increases insulin sensitivity and effectively helps to stabilize blood sugar. Bottom line…you’ll store less belly fat.
10. Chilli's (MY FAVORITE): Studies have shown that the active ingredient in chili peppers and chili powder, something called capsaicin, increases calorie-burning, stabilizes blood sugar levels (which decreases fat storage), and is a potent antioxidant. Add some “spice” to your life.